Being a vegetarian, I love salad and have it quite often.
Here is a really quick and easy recipe of one I made. Its so easy to make; just chop up all the ingredients, pop them in a bowl and mix them all together.
This served 3 people.
- A bag of spinach
- A bag of mixed salad leaves
- 1 lettuce
- 1 log of goats cheese (to be grilled)
- 1 red onion
- Half a larg-ish cucumber
- 1 avacado
- 50g pine nuts (to be fried in oil)
- Drizzling of pestoFor the salad dressing:
- 6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- The juice from half a large lemon
Salads are so easy and so yum. Here are some other things you could add to a salad; make it you own, whatever you fancy will probably work.
- Chicken/tuna/ turkey/any other meat/fish
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Honey roasted walnuts
- Sunflower seeds
- Grated carrot
- Other types of cheese: mozzarella, feta, grilled halloumi
- Happy eating!